Become a Juried Member - Overview
Since its founding in 1932, the League has been a recognized leader in promoting the highest quality of handmade crafts and offering its members opportunities to sell their work, enhance their skills, and network with other craft-artists. Many of our members tell us that the sales and educational opportunities offered by the League enable them to concentrate on their work and pursue their dreams.
The League’s jury system ensures that applicants meet the level of expertise required for juried membership. To be eligible for jury, you must be a resident of New Hampshire or reside in a town in Maine, Massachusetts, or Vermont that has part of its town limits within ten miles of the New Hampshire border.
All League members have gone through the League’s jury process and met its rigorous standards for creativity, innovation, and technical expertise. Once accepted, members can take advantage of these marketing and educational benefits:
- Annual Craftsmen’s Fair: The Fair draws an audience of more than 25,000 craft enthusiasts and collectors from around the world. Juried members can display and sell their work in a craft booth, Fair exhibitions (Living With Craft, CraftWear, Sculpture Garden) or The Shop at the Fair. Juried members can also conduct craft-making workshops and demonstrations.
- League of NH Craftsmen's Fine Craft Galleries: The work of the League’s juried members is sold through a network of eight affiliated fine craft galleries around the state. Classes and demonstrations are conducted at the fine craft galleries and at The Craft Center at League headquarters in Concord.
- NH Open Doors: This annual event gives juried members an opportunity to open their craft studios to the public to demonstrate their techniques and sell their work.
- Gallery & Traveling Exhibitions: The League sponsors public exhibitions with themes that are designed to give juried members an opportunity to think about craft in new ways. Pieces shown in these exhibitions are also available for sale.
- Marketing Seminars & Networking: The League conducts sales and marketing seminars at various times throughout the year to help craftspeople market their work. At these and other events, they enjoy networking with fellow members.
- National and International Recognition: The League of NH Craftsmen is an internationally recognized brand. When you list your membership on your bio, website and PR, people will instantly know that you have achieved a high level of expertise in your craft.
There are several options you can choose from:
- If you are not sure your work is ready for the jury, you can attend a scheduled Critique Session.
- You can learn more about the Jury Process on our Jury Information page.
- You can meet with the Standards and Education Manager to discuss your questions about the jury process, Guidelines and Criteria. Please email: Catherine Green.
- You can apply for a Jury Session.
Back to Top